By Linzy Farmerie-Mogielski, Content Editor of BroglieBox
5 min read
Sharing this scary experience is bringing us together in ways we’d never expect. And of course, it is healthy to talk about it! But, how refreshing would it be for us to talk about ANYTHING other than toilet paper, groceries, working from home, and closings?
Of course, it is our responsibility to pursue news from reputable sources that will keep us safe. But, there is a fine line between staying informed and content overload. Remember to give your brain (and your friends’ brains) a much needed break!
We challenge you to just try it! You may learn some new things!
- What is your most memorable birthday?
- If you could return to any former age, what would it be and why?
- What is the best concert you’ve ever attended?
- What is your favorite song/podcast right now?
- What is your favorite memory we share together?
- What are three adjectives you’d want someone to use to describe you?
- What are three adjectives you would use to describe me?
- Do you believe in luck or chance?
- What was the best thing that happened to you today? This week? This month?
- What was your favorite thing you ate today?
- What was the best meal you’ve ever had?
- What is the first thing you notice about a person?
- If you had something in your teeth, would you want someone to tell you? Would you tell someone else? What if it was a coworker or boss?
- What was the craziest thing you’ve ever done for a significant other?
- What was the best date you’ve ever been on?
- What is the first thing you’d do if you won the lottery?
- What is something you like to do that other people consider weird?
- What is something everyone else seems to like that you don’t?
- What decade would you have liked to have lived in and why?
- What is the best pizza topping combination?
- What is the best sundae topping combination?
- If you were a cereal, what kind would you be and why?
- What is something you’ve always wanted to try but never had the courage to do?
- If you went on a reality show, which one would it be?
- Do you have any tattoos? What do they mean? Do you want more?
- When do you feel like you’re the most authentic you?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What is your favorite self care treat?
- What’s your favorite thing about your best friend?
- What is your favorite video or board game?
- If you needed to run away from everyone, where would you go?
- What’s your most embarrassing childhood memory?
- What’s your first memory?
- What was your favorite family vacation?
- If money wasn’t an obstacle, what would you be doing with your life?
- What is the best gift you’ve ever given?
- What is the best gift you’ve received?
- What is the worst thing your parents caught you doing when you were a kid?
- What were your favorite things to learn about in school?
- What clubs/sports did you participate in?
- If you could pick any animal to have the ability to speak, what animal would it be?
- What is your Hogwarts House? Patronus?
- Who is your favorite character (book, tv, movie)?
- If you were a superhero, what would your name be and what powers would you have?
- Would you rather be able to fly or teleport?
- Would you rather be invisible or mind-reading?
- What do you think is the best feeling in the world?
- How do you define success?
- What is your favorite color?
- What is your favorite outfit or article of clothing?
- What would your pet say about you if someone asked them for a reference?
- Where did your name come from?
- What is your favorite, go-to movie/show and why?
- If you could marry any actor or actress in Hollywood, who would it be?
- If you had a choice, which would you be and why: the oldest, middle or youngest child?
- How have you successfully changed careers?
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What are your top five favorite sitcoms?
- How would you break the news to someone that you only like them as a friend?
- What’s your worst breakup story?
- What was your first email address? AIM screen name?
- What were you like in high school?
- What was the first CD you bought?
- What show do you put on while you’re doing miscellaneous tasks (i.e. cleaning your room, getting ready, etc.)?
- What is your least favorite household chore?
- Who was your first crush?
- Which Disney prince or princess did you have a crush on?
- What was your favorite toy as a child?
- What is your favorite Disney movie/song?
- What’s in your purse/work bag right now?
- What is the weirdest item in your bag?
- What’s the most embarrassing nickname(s) you have for your pet?
- Do you speak more than one language?
- What is your favorite book?
- If you wrote a book about your life, what would you title it?
- Do you have any secret talents?
- Can you identify every state on a map if it wasn’t labeled?
- What is your guiltiest pleasure tv show or movie?
- What would you tell your younger self if you could?
- What would you tell your future self if you could?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever gotten?
- Where is your favorite place to vacation and why?
- What’s something you’ve never told anyone?
- What’s your cringe-worthiest interview story?
- What’s the funniest excuse you’ve ever used to get out of something?
- What was the first car you had?
- If you could buy any kind of car, what kind would you buy?
- Have you ever broken a bone? How?
- Do you like cooking or do you have a favorite recipe?
- Sweet, savoury, spicy, or salty snacks?
- What’s the coolest thing you’ve ever done that was free?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- What is your favorite season?
- What is your favorite physical feature of your own?
- What is your most used app on your phone?
- What is the funniest/weirdest photo on your phone?
- What is your favorite dad-joke or meme?
- If you made the perfect candle, what would it smell like?
- If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?
- What are 3 things that you love about your personality?
Whether you have known someone for 20 years or 20 days, these prompts can help you both focus on learning new things about each other and promote some daily positivity!
Have any other questions we can add to our list? We’d love to hear what you’re talking about!
Based in Pittsburgh PA, Linzy Farmerie-Mogielski has battled high functioning anxiety and clinical depression for most of her adult life and has found life-changing freedom and community in breaking stigmas. As an advocate for change, she speaks at events encouraging others to seek appropriate care and practice radical self-love. Through sharing her story, her superpowers have become approachability, vulnerability, and transparency! In addition to mental health, she is passionate about ministry, travel, art, and coffee! Linzy is also a member of the BroglieBox team and is Content Editor of the BroglieBlog. You can follow her on instagram at @bonjourlinzy
Coronavirus attacking your Mental Health? Check out the below BroglieBox articles:
How to Help Your Anxious Child Cope During COVID-19 Isolation
How to Transition to Seeing Your Therapist Online
5 Ways To Boost your Mood Creatively During Quarantine
How to manage your anxiety around the Coronavirus
4 Ways To Stay Resilient No Matter What Happens
Mental Health Tips for Parents, Families, Children During School/Child Care Closings
Benefits of Virtual Therapy (And Where To Find It)
The BroglieBox Quarantine Box (pictured above) is the perfect care-package to help optimize your mental health and aid in stress relief! Each box contains items in varying categories like mindfulness, sleep, aromatherapy, gratitude, fitness, and more.